trying to make new pair

jhandha

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014
sir i had this one pair of pigeon where the female died just last wik i think.. and the male is still doing fine he is still young... and i have this young female who is raised by one of my breeders.. then i tried to stuck them together but they are fighting.. what should i do to make them mate? plz help me

Give them time. He is probably still looking for his mate and she may be too young. In most pigeons the pair bond is extremely strong. I always separate my breeders late every summer, and when reintroduced in Feb their joy in being with their mates again is obvious.

sir i had this one pair of pigeon where the female died just last wik i think.. and the male is young... and i have this young female i tried to stuck them together but they are fighting..

I live in Canada around the 49th parallel My pigeons have stopped breading now and will not start up again until February in a perfect world. Maybe that might explain the reason you are having difficulty with your pairing. Love might not be in the air until spring.

Is their a posibility that my widowed cock mate my new female.?

Yes. Like Hokum Coco inferred it may not be until this spring, but eventually he will want a new mate.

Back
Top Bottom