Trying to see if my peacock will stay near let them out of the coop

Yassine

Chirping
May 21, 2018
Hallo Every body.

I tried let my peacocks out of the coop but thats was no good idea.

Keeped a eye on them but them went very far and its wasnt easy to catch them because they are very fast and can fly well.

What did you do to have peacocks free and they stay near?
038A8104.JPG

I don't have peafowl anymore. The neighbor does. He has a few running around the countryside, and living in the woods that escaped. They are best confined as they prefer to run free, and run far.

The first question .... where will they sleep?
If there are trees ... they will first choose trees ... large trees ... without trees ... where?
IMG_0463.JPG

Mine are free all year long except a few months for adult females and some males.
Green peacocks are free too ... until frost!

The first question .... where will they sleep?
If there are trees ... they will first choose trees ... large trees ... without trees ... where?
View attachment 1598421

Mine are free all year long except a few months for adult females and some males.
Green peacocks are free too ... until frost!
i wanted to let them free to see if they will stay in the near and come back to the coop or stay near the coop but that was no good idea.

i hope that the new genration will do that

Did you have them for a long time before you let them free? They need at least a month to recognize that your place is now home.
Also next time you could try just letting one out to make sure it comes back to it's friends.

Back
Top Bottom