Trying to start over.

born free

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Hi to every peep again. I used to be "country freedom" on BYC. Right before my family moved, we went thru a very rough time. DF and I ended our time together and I'm not going to go thru the details right now. We never got to move to Tennessee, my youngest is staying with a family friend until school lets out for the summer (she is in high school), and I actually am back with my husband, after being court separated for over 11 years. We are living in Chesapeake, Virginia (his home-Norfolk), and we are trying to get back on our feet.

Had to give away everything of what I owned, except my seeds (over $450 worth), my Bible, two candleliers, my fire-starter, and my wind-up flashlight. My husband is a far better man than he used to be.
thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't been able to have kept any of these years ago.

As of yesterday, right after I rejoined BYC, I learned on here, Chesapeake, VA voted to allow 6 hens (darn-no roos.....I love roos)! Chickens-WHOOP! WHOOP!
yippiechickie.gif

My husband and I went thru a minor bumb in the road right after we got back together, and he has experienced first hand with me, that it's good to have skills and knowledge of living without electricity through part of the winter, having a decent large supply of candles, and having iron cookware to cook with!
love.gif
...........he's on board with moving somewhere I can be chickened to pieces, and I can practice what I can to save money (he learned that, too), so, we are learning together-and he's asking a few questions here and there!!
celebrate.gif
. I am sooo happy to back on board!

Mary

Thank you. I am so very happy to be back.

I am able to get to a computer infrequently, as I don't have one right now.
It may be some days/weeks before I can reply back to anything on here.

I had a long, bumpy and scary, depressing ride down a road I never would wish anyone to go. I am slowly climbing back up this steep rocky hill. I have my faith in GOD, my health, my children/family, and my husband to thank for being there and helping me when I needed them.

Back
Top Bottom