Trying to trace 3 generations.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ReiMiraa, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ReiMiraa

ReiMiraa Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok so i lost Lionel today. and i started running through my memory if i had kept any of his offspring and looked through the most recent set of photos. something was bothering me and i think I have his 3rd generation. this one rooster i have left, he has a signature look to his face, the beak, shoulders and the tail. Always the tail was a give away.
    I have figured that this guy is a RIR crossed. if this is the 3rd generation from Lionel. is this far enough away for the comb to become straight and the leg feathering to go away?
    I have this guys sister and they both have inherited a black speckling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I figured out that he must have been a test hatch back in May... but only in the past month has the roosterness shown through. In december when i thinned my flock he looked hen to me. So the slow maturity is another brahma trait that has me hopeful.

This is his sister for obvious reasons. She has a small sprig on her comb at the mid point which helped in a give away that there might be brahma blood. She is a Turken with the mystery father like the rooster. They both have speckled ness.
    [​IMG]

The potential Fathers
    [​IMG]
    A Red Brahma (Lionel X RIR i think) Sold this summer...

[​IMG]
    A RIR someone left at my coop. Sold this summer...

[​IMG]
    And this guy. Half brother to the Red Brahma. (Lionel X Speckled Sussex)
    HE is the one i am thinking was the roo to the two at the top.... sold this summer.

[​IMG]
    This is Lionel. Passed away today. Buff columbian brahma. 4 years old.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    depending on who was breed to who and what traits they carried there is a possabilty that he is a 3rd genaration but if you didnt really keep track of it there is no way of truly knowing

3. ReiMiraa

ReiMiraa Chillin' With My Peeps

they all free ranged together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by