TS Fay is HERE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dixiechick, Aug 23, 2008.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

This is Day 2 of TS Fay--we're waterlogged, wind-blown, and cabin-fevered!!!! Thank God for BYC!!!

2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    oh it is comming right towards us... we just took the swings down and picked up everything in the yard.. prepared for it.. we didnt put on the shutters on the house the wind doesnt seem strong enough... anyone else out there that has battled fay?

3. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

We've gotten 10 1/2 inches since last night.....and counting(about 1 in. per hour)....day 2 is worse than day 1....wind is not bad, but steady solid rain...

4. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    We are catching it now here in South Alabama. Chickens all in the barn and a few tree branches on the ground...

5. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    it hit us hard here yesterday lost power all day hard winds heavy rains but we made it through it and it is over for us.. hope you all make it through it.. it was rough and scary..

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* We had 1O inches+ of rain, counting what all we got from feeder band after she got stuck up north. POOR Melborne though got hammered. 3O inches!!! OMG, I can't even imagine what that would be like. . . .

7. summerb76

summerb76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Lake Como, Florida
    I got it pretty bad her in Putnam County Florida too. We had heavy rain for 3 days days. Lots of wind that knocked down tons of branches off our oak trees. We have a huge clean up job to do today. I am just happy we hadn't put our new chicks in the coop yet.

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:goodness .. hasnt really even touched us too bad a heavy sprinkle.. not too much wind the kids have enjoyed playing out in the rain.. we are prepared but nothing [​IMG]

we are actually doing BBQ outside right now.. smoking ribs.. *NUMM* we have some folk comming over till around 7 or so it is supposed to really hit us around 8 or 9

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    This is day two for us here in Perry, Fl the first day wasnt so bad just alot of rain but it started howling around 2:00AM this morning and has rained ever since. they say we are getting 2-3 inches an hour had a tornado warning as well but other than that just alot of inconvenience as its too wet to do anything. Feeding is a nightmare.

10. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    We were stuck in the house for 3 days, today was the first day the chickens got to free-range since monday. They were CWAZY , flying all around, chasing bugs. I hauled 3 wheelbarrows of debris out of the run area and cleaned the coops , about 13 inches of rain here Phew... no more for a little while please. Hope everybody is O.K., J

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by