TSC “Bantam” Chickens ID

Changing my answer!!! I'm thinking #1 might be a brahma! I don't see a single comb on that chick : D
Chick 1: Buff Brahma
Chick 2: GL Cochin
Chick 3: Blue or SL Cochin (pics are still dark)
Chick 4: Blue Cochin.

All of those are lovely! I’ll have to post more pictures when they’re less “downy” and have better feathering. Here is a brighter picture of Namentuppen (#3).
ACD0E0EF-887F-44E3-8E7E-0B3A18DF8B21.jpeg

Haha! I'm not the only one to use the midwest critter/ferret nation cages as brooders 😂
Ha! I used that for their first day because I knew the temperatures were correct (I usually use it for another creature who needs heat). I now have their box set up with the proper temperatures, though they may get moved back to the Critter-Nation when they get too big for their XL "Moving box".

Ha! I used that for their first day because I knew the temperatures were correct (I usually use it for another creature who needs heat). I now have their box set up with the proper temperatures, though they may get moved back to the Critter-Nation when they get too big for their XL "Moving box".

I used to keep pet rats, so I had one on hand. We didn't have a extra dog crate, one of our dogs sleeps in his, and we got rid of our extra after our dog passed away. We had no other place to keep them, and we knew they would be inside for awhile (we got them, then started the coop building adventure!) so the critter nation kept them happy and with enough room for quite some time. Its a great brooder, lol.

Back
Top Bottom