TSC bantam chicks at two months, what breed?

Quote:
Are you serious? Where are you located? I would love them!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

What about leg color and OEG?

Two of the clean legged ones have silver gray legs, and the others have pink colored legs. Would they all be OEG?

Three years ago I got 10 chicks from the same store, and they were all nice pure breeds. And again, ordered from a hatchrey and got all 30+ pure breeds. I'm surprised if someone would sell mixed breeds to a hatchery, but I guess it's possible.

The grey legged male in first picture sure isn't pure Sebrite, because he is showing pointed feathering.

My dd thinks one of the "twins" is a Mille, but perhaps the other is another color D' Uccle. Which might explain the their difference as fuzz balls.

Thanks for the help.

Different varieties of oegbs have different leg colors.

Since they came from a hatchery, I would be amazed if your sebright cockerel was hen-feathered. Hatcheries don't generally carry show quality birds. It is very likely that your boy is pure sebright, just not great quality.

Both d'uccles look to be mille fleur. It will take another few months for them to get their spots
smile.png

Thanks,

I guess we were lucky the first time, because our Sebrites looked a lot like the pictures we see of the show ones. That's why I was confused about what this one was. He didn't look like a Sebrite chick from the beginning.

I think I'll look for someone close by to take the Mille's. Thanks for your enthusiasm, though.

Back
Top Bottom