TSC Chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fireflyjunction, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Fireflyjunction

Fireflyjunction In the Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    KC area
    So in some very mysterious fashion chicks from Tractor Supply found their way into my house. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I've figured out what most of them are but one little gal from the "Assorted High Production Black Pullets" bin is confusing me. I'd like to figure it out on my own but does anybody know what breeds could/might be included? She doesn't look like an Australorp or sex-link's I've seen but there are so many black breeds of chickens and the TSC employees had no clue what was in the bin beyond being "black ones". [​IMG]
    Anybody able to help me out?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. paddock36

paddock36 Crowing

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    My guess was going to be Astralorp but without a picture I haven't got a clue, but

[​IMG]

3. ggrap

ggrap Songster

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    We would probably need a picture......

4. Higins00

Higins00 Songster

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    I just got a black pullet from TSC and it's a black giant

5. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Do some posting and stick around for a bit, and you'll be able to post a picture!

In the mean time, lots of folks are getting their TSC chicks, and take a look at the different threads in this forum (What Breed or Gender Is This?), and see if you can find a chick that looks like yours!

You can also try calling your TSC and asking which hatchery the order from, and what breeds they get, might help to narrow it down! [​IMG]

Have fun!

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG]

I suspect your "not BA, not BSL" chick may very well be a BJG: Black Jersey Giant.

7. Fireflyjunction

Fireflyjunction In the Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    KC area
    Okay I really wanted to figure this one out based on what breed it "might" be but everybody seems to love pictures [​IMG] so here's Miss Sarah...
    [​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:NOT a BJG.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Quote:Gold Laced Wyandotte.

10. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop