1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TSC chicks in new brooder (photo)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Azriel, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    I have chicks due to hatch this weekend, so had to move my TSC chicks to a bigger brooder. They were getting too crowded in the one they were in anyway so it was time to move them. They now have a 4x4 pen, but its colder down there so I had to put an extra light on them. Now I'm running down stairs every hour to check on them. They love their new pen. Lots more room, and they have a stick that they can perch on and try to fly off of. So funny to watch them try out their new wings. their wings look lik they are way too big for the chicks. They are 2/3 weeks old. Here's a photo of them in their new house.

[​IMG]

2. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    They look great! [​IMG]

3. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    They certainly do look happy!

4. chick on a stick

chick on a stick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    They are so cute! Do you have them in the starter kit that came from TSC?

5. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    No, I used to show dogs and have several pens of diff sizes that I can set up. They started out in a 3x3 puppy play pen, and now are in a larger x-pen. I just line them with cardboard to help keep the heat in, and keeps my cats away from the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by