TSC (Hoover’s) breed confusion…..

This was my Baby Margo at 6 weeks but she had a bigger crest than your Fries does! From what I’ve seen (and experienced) boys normally have bigger crazier crests whereas yours has a nice round small crest!😉 My Margo was also a bearded polish so she didn’t get wattles!😉
DD904DEE-3E79-4646-966C-643C873952E8.jpeg

For the darker ones, the category “olive eggers” is a mutt breed as TheOddOneOut Stated above. It could be that they just have different parents causing them to look a bit different, typically Olive eggers are bred by blue egg layers such as ameraucanas, or cream legbars and a dark brown layer such as marans and barnevelders etc. I would say that stleast three of yours that have more of the chipmunk pattern could have a Barnevelder parent, but since they are mixed breeds it can be rather tricky tryign to find out that information especially with no true. Even when you breed them yourself it can be tricky. I did bred a cuckoo Maran and a ameraucana but the little jerk turned out to be a rooster so I won’t get my green eggs like I hoped lol.
Oh nooo! That is my second concern- if any end of being roos

Back
Top Bottom