1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

tsc incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dmccann, Jan 23, 2011.

1. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Has any one ever usec a tsc inc.i had a broody hen for weeks,had no sucess in breaking her of it.So i recieved some eggs from NC from a wonderful lady.My dh built a broody area ,we put it in the all season room,our temp are bad here.She is not sitting on eggs,i know the changes has upset her,any ways i wqas thinking of getting a batorand putting some of the eggs in it,so any body has any advice,my income is limited ssd,so that is why the tsc bator.thanks for all advice

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    we bought a still air incubator 9200 from TSC. My hatch date was friday. As of now I have got 7 out of 12 eggs. My 1st time hatching. It cost arond 40 some dollars. Hope this helps and good luck [​IMG]

3. Hi Darlene! Is TSC still carrying Little Giant brand incubators? I am using 4 of them here and very happy with them.
    The first one was purchased from TSC in Oct '05 and has incubated eggs non-stop since then without a single problem or bad hatch.
    Some people REALLY don't like them, so prepare to hear about that.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I believe TSC only carries the Little Giants around here. I have 2 from there. They are ok. You have to keep it in a draft free room. If you bought the still air, it's important you keep the vent plugs open till lockdown so there is some air circulation (made that mistake once [​IMG]) If you buy the forced air with turner it's better, but then your getting up there in $. If you have a spare laptop fan you can install it into the still air. Keep an eye on your temps and make sure the room temp doesn't fluctuate too wildly and you should be fine. If you think this may be the beginning of a lot of hatching, you might want to get a brinsea instead. I have much better results from mine.
    Good luck!

5. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I got one last winter and it has been running with eggs in it from April to January. So far it has leaked water and the thermostat control unit went out and killed 60 quail chicks. When it leaked I put fiberglass boat paint on the bottom and it seems to work well, I found an old LG at a yard sale for$10. I got it and realized the heating element was broken so I took the thermostat out and put it in the new one. I might just put a wafer on it.

6. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    I have one. We bought it 2 weeks ago and so far so good. I just put 23 more eggs in it. I got 6 eggs getting ready to hatch. Good luck

7. puredelite

puredelite Chillin' With My Peeps

The LG's are what you pay for, just takes a little time to get them tweaked and the bugs out. The other alternative if you are serious enough is to spend hundreds of dollars for a cabinet model. Iuse a combo of LG's and broody hens.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

LG's are the best to learn on. If you can operate an LG and get consisten hatch rates, you'll be a better poultry enthusiast for it.

9. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    We just bought the one from tsc,had to get something fast,hen is now settled on eggs,she just broke one!Well we left her with 3 eggs and put 10 in the bator.Wish us luck,Thanks everyone.

10. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    it is not a magical box you get chicks from in 21 days. practice makes perfect. baby sitting required. but they work wonders.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by