tsc incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by okiemamachick, Feb 1, 2015.

1. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    For someone who's is wanting to dabble in hatching eggs is the ones from tractor supply good enough just to see if hatching is something I'm into doing? What are your experiences with it?

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Personally, I wouldn't, but others may have better experiences... the Farm Innovators and Little Giant ones never worked well for me... I'd look for a Hovabator 1602N at least to try for 1st time... cost is comparable and I have had good experience with them... don't think TSC carries them, but if you have a co-op or another feed store around I'd check there... good luck! :)

3. FoxHead

FoxHead Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2015
    Greenville, MI
    I use an incubator and egg turner from TSC. I've had no problems with it. I've had good hatch rates too. The biggest issue was getting the temp/humidity readings. The thermometer and humidity gauges are off on mine. It is a common problem for these models. I ended up purchasing a digital thermometer/humidity gauge from a local grow shop. The thermostat has never failed on mine, and turns on/off with about a 2 degree window. There are breather holes in the top for increasing/decreasing your humidity when needed. Over all, I'm really happy with mine! It was a good investment. Before I purchased I read a lot of reviews and they were very mixed, but again, I'm happy with mine. Hope this helps!

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Incubatorwarehouse.com

Worth checking out.

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I agree. They have good prices and good service. I had a problem and they addressed it without any trouble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by