TSC labeled these as Salmon Faverolles

So those *could be* salmon favorelles. I have quite a few and some of mine (especially the hens it seems so not sure if those were sexed) seem to start completely yellow like that. After a few weeks they start to develop color. But they do start yellow... so they *could be* favorelles. You'll have to let them develop a bit more to be sure.

So those *could be* salmon favorelles. I have quite a few and some of mine (especially the hens it seems so not sure if those were sexed) seem to start completely yellow like that. After a few weeks they start to develop color. But they do start yellow... so they *could be* favorelles. You'll have to let them develop a bit more to be sure.

0% chance they are Favorelles. They are clean legged and have 4 toes. That completely rules out Favorelles.

thanks! did your faverolles have feathers on their feet? these do not. totally clean
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 9.15.22 AM.png

0% chance they are Favorelles. They are clean legged and have 4 toes. That completely rules out Favorelles.

thanks! did your faverolles have feathers on their feet? these do not. totally cleanView attachment 1900280

Yep didn't see the feet was focused on the color. I do have 4-toe favorelles though, rarely. But- Give the image you posted I will have to change my vote then to they aren't favorelles. Sorry. :(

Wonder what they are then... will be interesting to see!

FWIW - I always just buy from Meyer Hatchery. I've found their pricing to be equal to tractor supply and never gotten a wrong bird- plus they have some rare breeds on occasion. Also, they usually throw a few free ones in there to cover your expected losses. Only downside is you need to order around 20 for it to even out with thew shipping- but I just partner in with other local chickeners who want more birds.

I did get a very odd but nice Faverolles from them last year.
Hatched her chicks this year and they're gorgeous.
I only ordered four chicks so I ate a lot of shipping but I am very happy with the Faverolles from there.:)
Yep didn't see the feet was focused on the color. I do have 4-toe favorelles though, rarely. But- Give the image you posted I will have to change my vote then to they aren't favorelles. Sorry. :(

Wonder what they are then... will be interesting to see!

FWIW - I always just buy from Meyer Hatchery. I've found their pricing to be equal to tractor supply and never gotten a wrong bird- plus they have some rare breeds on occasion. Also, they usually throw a few free ones in there to cover your expected losses. Only downside is you need to order around 20 for it to even out with thew shipping- but I just partner in with other local chickeners who want more birds.

update: at this point i just hope they are leghorns and not cornish crosses. feet are yellow, so not sussex.

IMG_20190922_015353.jpg
IMG_20190922_094226.jpg

Back
Top Bottom