TSC Minimum Chick Limit

Quote:
The one here had some marked "pullets" and others were "straight run".

I guess it will depend ot the store. None of the breeds were given, other than one bin marked "reds"

The TSC here (Olathe, KS) has all the chicks mixed together but through this weekend they are running a special of 50% off. They has a nice bunch of EE that look to be a week old and they are 93 cents a piece. You have to get a minimum of 6 but I would rather they put a maximum instead to keep me from buying them all.

Last edited:
When I went today the clerks are not holding anyone to a 6 min. limit- they said they need to get them sold no matter what the policy is...

Our TSC says our state limit is 6..Now Ive been hanging around farm stores my entire life..One of my good friends ran one for years..We actually had an business account(with the local southern states) because we bought so many farm supplies and in all that time and all those farm stores Iv never once heard anything about a minimum ammount on chicks..Still to this day not one other farm store that I know of makes you buy at least 6..
Of course around here chickens are still livestock
big_smile.png
You dont see people setting up selling them by the tubfull on easter..They serve some purpose...Be it a fried egg or a fried leg..Rare breeds and pet breeds like Silkies and marans are a rare commodity in these parts..

Last edited:
I was just in TSC today..In VA, 6 minimum purchase and 25 for special order..those baby ducks were REALLY cute, but I had 16 chicks I had just picked up, so I did resist..although I should not go back until they are SOLD OUT!

State law is 6 in NY -- it's not TSC. My local farm store sold me a couple because that's all I wanted and she already knew I had purchased 10 the week before. TSC probably has less of that small town common sense flexibility (big company, big insurance policies, big law suits). It does make it annoying though. I'm a small enough "operation" that sometimes 2 or 3 more chicks is/are just enough to round out the herd/flock/gaggle/swarm.

Back
Top Bottom