TSC mislabeled so what are these?

Debs55

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
In The Middle Of Nowhere GA
I went to TSC Thursday and picked up 18 chicks. 10 Cornish cross and 8 "silver laced wyandottes". I went back today to get a box of nails and just happened to look at the chicks. The labels were on different bins. I tried talking to the workers and they didn't know. The ones labeled silver laced wyandottes before now didn't have a label and they said they were pullets...didn't know what breed apparently. And another bin which had previously been labeled black pullets was labeled silver laced wyandottes. I picked up 6 and now I need to know which ones..if either..are actually silver laced wyandottes

The first ones. They are light tan with darker brown markings

And the second ones. They are mostly black. Some have brown on their heads and white/yellow on their bellies but others are all black

Last edited:
I don't think they are brown leghorns cause Ive had them before and to me their stripes look too defined for leghorns. I was thinking welsummers or speckled sussex. And I think you may be right with the black sex links

What color are the legs on the brown chicks? Our TSC had Speckled Sussex last year a couple of times. X3 on the blacks are sex links or production blacks. Can you tell comb type on the black with brown chicks? The SLW usually have a more mottled head, Feathersite has pics of the different colored chicks on their site. http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyand.html

I just went and looked at their legs and they look pale yellow. like lighter than my cornish X's legs. but I'll look again tomorrow in the daylight. I'll look at the combs then too

The stripped ones are either brown leghorns or welsummers or speckeled sussex (they are identical as chicks)
The black ones are probably black sex links

Back
Top Bottom