TSC Pullets, best guess on breeds?

CoopCop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 19, 2014
Salina, KS
Got six chicks out of the pullets bin at TSC, they were rainbow assortment, the leftovers from their other orders. I got two breeds, one I've never had before, the other I think might be, but don't know, a silvery Easter Egger. Best guesses would be appreciated, though I am quite aware identification at this age is problematic.

Here is the possible EE:

Here is the other breed, no clue for sure what I got:

Can you tell what kind of comb the darker ones have? If rose combs those could be Silver Laced Wyandottes. No real idea on the light colored one, doesn't really say EE to me, can you tell what color the wing feathers are coming in, look almost buff in the picture? Comb and leg color?

Cool, I haven't had Wyandotte's before (except for a Silver Laced/ Brahma mixed rooster that was HUGE!) before and was wanting something new. I was hoping I was right on the EE as I really like the hen I have and was wanting a couple more. Thanks for the replies!

Can you tell what kind of comb the darker ones have? If rose combs those could be Silver Laced Wyandottes. No real idea on the light colored one, doesn't really say EE to me, can you tell what color the wing feathers are coming in, look almost buff in the picture? Comb and leg color?

Tried to get a pic of the wing feathers, they look black with possibly some gray. Comb looks to be a single comb and is yellowish, as are the legs. The light colored bird has some little tufts behind the beak a bit, which is why I was thinking EE.

The comb is really barely there on the two dark ones I looked at. Possibly could be a rose comb in early stage of growth. Haven't had but a couple rose combed birds before.

Second's a SL Wyandotte. Picked up one just like it.

First one looks very similar to one I picked up at RK four weeks ago. Was all white with a fawn colored spot on the top of its head. Seems to be coming in Red Pyle. Its comb suddenly turned bright pink in one afternoon, and its legs are very gradually turning green. Has bluish eyes. Shoulders just started turning a dark red color.

Back
Top Bottom