TSC sells coops?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Andora, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    My DH alled from work and said TSC has a coop in their ad this week. I can't find anything about it on their site and I've never seen one in the store. Has anyone ever gotten a coop from there?

We have a 4x4 play house coop and we're trying to decide whether to build a second coop from scratch (4x4 or maybe 8x8) or if it would be easier and cheaper to buy something premade and put it together like we did with the play house. The play house has worked out perfectly, by the way, and it was only $75 last fall. We just added a plywood floor and legs, a pop door, and a roost pole.

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I did see a chicken hutch not a coop. What kind of coop is it?

3. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:The one I saw was a little hutch. It looked like a rabbit hutch with a perch in it.

4. Peckerhead

Peckerhead New Egg

Apr 9, 2009
    Southern Tier NY
    I was at our local TSC yesterday and the one they had in the store was a hutch, not a coop. It was nice but for $100 I think you could build something much nicer.

5. new-roo

new-roo Scrambled

Oct 19, 2007
    Build your own. [​IMG]

6. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    I saw it ,as New roo said
    as build ur own.
    this one would only make a bunny comfy.

7. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
  8. amamaofmany

amamaofmany Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    west virginia
    I looked at them at TSC before our chicks came. It didn't seem to be very well made. Didn't seem to me to be very sturdy. Way too much money for the price in my opinion.

I thought about it as a brooder box within a run or something like that, but even then, I could probably make it a lot cheaper and from much better materials.

9. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I saw it at TSC yesterday and it was tiny. I would put like two hens in there, not the 8 pullets and 6 ducks I need to house. HAH. They only have to be cooped at night, to stay safe, but they still need to be able to move. That hutch thing definitely won't work!

Do you all know of any free plans online for a coop that's a similar style to a play house? Literally just a simple little house building.

10. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    My friend bought one for a rabbit and the rabbit chewed it to pieces.[​IMG]

It would probably hold a pair of bantams but not standard chickens.

I agree with the folks here for the price you could build a nice coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by