TSC website can't be viewed outside the US?!?

K0k0shka

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 24, 2019
Boston Area, MA
My Coop
My Coop
This is so ridiculous I can't believe it's actually true, but it is... Apparently, the TSC website cannot be opened outside of the US. It gives an "access denied" error. I was in Europe for part of the summer and wanted to recommend something to a friend (in the US) and send her a link, and realized I couldn't even view the website! I thought it was some error on my end, but then I asked TSC and they said that it was their policy, because they don't ship outside of the US... Which is ridiculous. Lots of sites don't ship outside the US, lots don't even ship to remote states like Hawaii or Alaska that are still part of the US... but they don't block people's access entirely! I was pretty sure I ordered enough food to last my chickens the duration of my absence, but I left with the peace of mind thinking if it started to run low, I could just order more from the website (regardless of where I was) and have them ship it to my house in the US. Apparently not! I didn't want to have to ask my friends/neighbors watching the chickens to buy food!

Has anybody else run into this? I'm posting this mostly as a PSA - if you're planning to travel abroad, stock up on supplies beforehand and forget about TSC...

It works fine in Australia. I'm not using location services on an Android tablet. No VPN.

Not shipping to that location is a bullshit reason. No doubt a lie. Locations can be taken care of in the cart, and shipping information section.

Whatever the reason, they aren't telling you the truth.

I know from work experience that companies absolutely do block IPs coming from certain countries. Also, if you IP hops from the country you are currently in, into a blocked country, then goes to our website, you will be blocked (even though you are not physically in that country.)

I've tried it with some US hatcheries and the same thing happens. I've also seen it happen with a few US dog breed club websites but that's beside the point

Back
Top Bottom