Tufted Roman Geese

I went to a farm store yesterday, and they had some tufted geese. Are the Romans the only tufted yellow geese, or do any other tufted breeds that start out yellow? I didn't buy any yet (my husband would kill me from all of the other chickens and ducks I have), but I want them so bad.

I love seeing the variety of breeds on these threads. There are some distinct breeds here, like chinese and African, but not many. Most are mixed-breeds, toulouse or chinese-based, (and, of course, from time to time the auto-sexing ones), but I don´t ever remember seeing a tufted here. Lovely.

Do you see the sex by their colour? Both mother and father is white but i think the goslings will turn out grey?! Maybe my chinese male have fly over the fence and back again? And look at legs and beak, different colours?

I dont believe the darkest one is pure tufted. Ive never seen a pure tufted gosling with a black bill and legs. If it was possible that your chinese got with her id say it did happen. It looks just like my tufted chinese crosses. I have a pair of pure tufted roman goslings and neither look like your dark one.

I dont believe the darkest one is pure tufted. Ive never seen a pure tufted gosling with a black bill and legs. If it was possible that your chinese got with her id say it did happen. It looks just like my tufted chinese crosses. I have a pair of pure tufted roman goslings and neither look like your dark one.
Yes. it did happend
lol.png
now i can see it clear on the colour. The female did die, but the male are strong and beautiful :)

I am the same, they are my second favorite to sebastopols! I wish I could have a roman tufted hen and sebbie gander! But shipping is expensive...so holderreads is out of option. Cant wait til the spring for babies!

when you say silkies, you mean silkie ducks have an open scull right? Because if silkie chickens did I would know. They have great hatch rates.

I wish spring came sooner! Hopefully my pekin starts laying soon, I wantz some cute ducklings...

Back
Top Bottom