Tumor on chicks right shoulder help

What are you feeding them?

If it's anything other than chick starter the crop may be impacted. If you feed them grains, seeds, grass, or other plant material they need grit to grind it up for digestion. And if they are young chicks they really don't need anything besides chick starter (and therefore don't need grit).

If they are only eating chick starter and water then I agree with everyone else and think you may just be seeing a full (normal) crop.

Please give as much information about everything about these chicks as you can, it will help people help you!
smile.png

I am going to move this to Emergencies. Please read the post at the very top of the forum and tell us about your situation based on the questions in that post.

What size is the tumor or whatever it is? Does it not go down like it would if it was the crop?
To answer your question 'what kind of a forum is this', I've found it to be a very helpful one.
My friend and I did each have a chick with a problem like you describe, but I don't know what happened to hers, and mine died. Might want to separate the sick ones(if they do turn out to be sick). Also, remember patience is a virtue, and your chicks will be calmer if you are.

Thank you all! I have had some time away...
One died that same morning after of me posting this, and another 2 days later... the rest, 5 chicks and a mamma duck are at another good home, I was kinda their stop... Orpahaned, and waiting, and they had a good home...
We used flax seed oil and massaged..
And grit...

They are doing fine, and now again I am left with my 2 girls, Henny and Penny that are my own! An amateur, but loving it with my 2...

We dont know why they died...
But the others are fine... Im sorry I flipped out, over them, but I must have known...

Especially when one died the next morning... Im sad about that...
But we have moved on...

Thanks again you all...
And to all us amateurs thank you for letting us come here! We NEED this!

Peace

I too have just seen this post and I understand your frustration but this is a hobby forum and not a veterinary emrgency room...you have given insufficient information for anyone to really help you...a photo would be extremely helpful. (If you go to a vets office they might need to take all kinds of tests etc. to be able to determine the answer to your question and of course noone here has that option and you must remember that anything we tell you is simply a guess at best)
I am wondering ... do you think it might be a tick?
Where did theese birds come from (a hatchery?)
How old are they? What are you feeding them...what have they been eating? Is there any other signs of illness such as the chick panting or respiratory distress or strange looking poos? another possibility is that your friend might have had a cat which scratched it (nasty bacteria from a cat scratch) and it abscess and became septicemic...again just an hypothesis.....
I have a huge collection of articles and links which you are welcome to browse (see link below) and here is a colection of emergency articles which might be helpful to you if you happen to post at a time when members are simply not seeing your post as has happened this time:
http://dlhunicorn.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=emergencies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom