Turkenstein25's Turkey Talk for 2015

I don't know much about the bronze so I wont be able to help you out but, I am sure with all the turkey enthusiasts around someone can give you advice. I chose the Bourbon red because they are great breeders and have no issue reproducing - until all the toms decide that they want to fight each other all day long instead of love up on the hens.

Hi! I raise Narragansett's for showing this will be my third year raising them. I just added 5 more to the 9 I already had, I have 6 Toms and 8 hens. I lost to many eggs/poults this year by letting them try and hatch there own, so I will be incubating all of them this year.

Hi! I raise Narragansett's for showing this will be my third year raising them. I just added 5 more to the 9 I already had, I have 6 Toms and 8 hens. I lost to many eggs/poults this year by letting them try and hatch there own, so I will be incubating all of them this year.
welcome-byc.gif
and Welcome to the thread.
I'm looking into getting some Narragansett turkeys this coming year.

Afternoon!
frow.gif

Just put my name down for 2 Narragansetts in April!
A local group is going in on an order :)

I love my chickens but this will be my first venture into other poultry!
So I'm hitting the books and thought this would be a great thread to soak up some information.

Looking forwarding to learning as much as I can!

Afternoon!
frow.gif

Just put my name down for 2 Narragansetts in April!
A local group is going in on an order :)

I love my chickens but this will be my first venture into other poultry!
So I'm hitting the books and thought this would be a great thread to soak up some information.

Looking forwarding to learning as much as I can!
Congrats!!! Hope it goes smoothly!!!

-Turkenstein25

Thanks! They really like it up there, I think they feel safe. I agree with your assessment that they're BBB, just huge birds. I think I'll butcher them and see about getting some eastern turkey eggs. My goal is to have a self sustaining flock. Again, thanks for the compliments!

On butchering day I said "I don't think I want to do this again" but on Thanksgiving I said "Oh my gosh this is so good" and started looking at poultry web pages. I'm hoping that by next October I'll still remember how fabulous my Royal Palm turkeys tasted as I go through the cycle again.

Back
Top Bottom