1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turkey and geese

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by twotmama, May 2, 2009.

1. twotmama

twotmama Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    I need help I have three geese and a turkey trying to set, but they keep beaking their eggs. What can I do they want to set so bad, but they keep breaking the eggs.HELP!!!!!

2. gaviota

gaviota Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2009
    Are they separate from the boys? with my turkeys the boys would try to mount a hen on the nest and break the eggs

3. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    No there in the same pen and they free range, its there first year to set, its like there to heavy. There is a board with hay in a milk crate, any suggestions would be great. Softer nest maybe I have no idea; predators kill them out at the pond nesting so now there nesting inside, but I don't know what to do!!

4. gaviota

gaviota Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2009
    If they are big broadbreasted birds they will be a lot of weight on an egg, having lots of padding may help and having a big enough nest that they can move around without stepping on the egg also may help but some birds are just too heavy.

5. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    The turkey is large, but I don't get the geese breaking eggs they are not that heavy. I am just going to try alot more padding. Thanks for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by