Turkey Egg development?

Bcoz18

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Saint Charles Missouri
I've never incubated eggs before and worried about my turkey egg development.
They are 10 days today so thought today would be a good day as they take longer to development than chicken eggs.
All the eggs look the same. One side cleae see nothing. The other side is dark with black eye spot. The black eye spot is moving but I see no veins yet.. should I throw them out or wait a couple more days.
How should I be candling them? Pointy side down or pointy side up? Should I get a thicker light to candle them sideways?

I don't want to waste my time incubating them if they are dead :(
I'm going to try to get better pictures but these are what they all look like

Attachments

• 20220322_144701.jpg
    20220322_144701.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220322_144735.jpg
    20220322_144735.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 19
I've never incubated eggs before and worried about my turkey egg development.
They are 10 days today so thought today would be a good day as they take longer to development than chicken eggs.
All the eggs look the same. One side cleae see nothing. The other side is dark with black eye spot. The black eye spot is moving but I see no veins yet.. should I throw them out or wait a couple more days.
How should I be candling them? Pointy side down or pointy side up? Should I get a thicker light to candle them sideways?

I don't want to waste my time incubating them if they are dead :(
I'm going to try to get better pictures but these are what they all look like
I may be wrong but that bottom egg looks something like ours did at 10 days. We weren't sure if they were developing, so we just let them go. We put 11 eggs into the incubator and hatched 10 turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom