Turkey eggs 2 ways- I can't stop looking at them.

A2SciTeach

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2008
A2 MI
I picked up some turkey eggs from Michigan State Univ. - got them for free, so nothing to lose, I have 5 in my Brinsea and 5 under my Black Cochin, I hope I get something! I've never hatched anything before. I'm constantly running out to the coop and into the room where the incubator is. Somebody tell me I won't be driving myself crazy like this for the next 28 days.
th.gif

Sorry, but I"m just as big a goober. Every morning I get up and run to check on the eggs in the bator.
idunno.gif
My DH is always like "Yep. They still look like eggs. Stop staring at them."

Yes, you will do this for the entire 28 days.

Quote:
Can I ask how you got free eggs? I call the MSU poultry farm once a week to see what is laying and Angelo has never metioned free turkey eggs to me;free white table eggs; but never turkey eggs.

Quote:
Can I ask how you got free eggs? I call the MSU poultry farm once a week to see what is laying and Angelo has never metioned free turkey eggs to me;free white table eggs; but never turkey eggs.

Well, when I got up there and Angelo went into the cooler he was abashed to see there weren't a complete dozen in there after we had made arrangements to drive up there and pick them up. So he insisted I take what he had (10) at no charge. What a nice guy he is! He sure had plenty of brown eggs, Japanese quail eggs and even Emu eggs, although he didn't offer any of the emu eggs. He also said after the small animal show, he will be selling his adult turkeys (except for the blue slate) He has a bronze trio he's wanting to get rid of right now, but I didn't want adults.

An update: The cochin had 2 cochin eggs under her and was still hanging in there with the turkey eggs! Eggs in the bator are fine, they are spinning around, it's very entertaining, like watching kids on a merry-go-round.

I put my Turkey and Duck eggs in yesterday. I keep checking them and driving everybody in the house nuts. It will be 28 days of me checking the bator every 2 seconds.

Nope you will be doing it for 28 days. Probably even more often as hatching time draws near. My bf's comments go from "leave those eggs alone!" to "Leave those chickens alone!" after hatching
lol.png

Quote:
sounds like my husband
big_smile.png
Wait till my chicks get here on the 31st. Then I will hear the get away from the chicks.

hit.gif
I'm down to turkey eggs one way - the cochin was off the nest this morning and the turkey eggs are cold. My husband said she was on to me just using her that way an she's not that kind of girl.
gig.gif
I'm assuming those eggs are a no go now, but the ones in the incubator are still looking good, at least they rolled around through the night.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom