Turkey eggs got shaken extremely hard, will they be alright?

alpinewelsummer

Songster
Mar 15, 2021
Had a curious kiddo over today that was too young to quite understand that eggs contain live chicks. For some reason he really liked shaking the incubator up and down, enough that all the eggs rolled to one side. He did this about 3-4 times, not really understanding our concern when we pulled him away and asked him to stop each time. I moved us to another room after the last time but he shook them so hard it actually scared and shocked me.

He's just a toddler so we were gentle reprimanding him but it looked really bad. The eggs are 2 weeks along and I'm scared every single one just got scrambled.

Oh man, hopefully everything works out with the rest of the eggs! This is why I teach my kids the word "no". All children need to learn this.

Curious why you allowed a child close enough to do that?

Chicks can survive a surprising amount of trama. I had an egg dropped when turning. Noticeable dent, at like day 12, and the bird had no problem hatching. Developed a slightly damaged beak from the damage, but thats it

I live alone and usually don't have kids around. Didn't even cross my mind that it would be a problem until it happened. Thought a kid just wanted to look at cute eggs, not shake them like maracas.

Glad your little guy survived his drop! It's relieving to hear that these guys should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom