Turkey Eggs in with the Chicken Eggs

readysar

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
I have both kinds of eggs in the incubator and seeing as how chickens hatch in 21 days and turkeys in 28 can they be in together when the chickens start to hatch? I have an old Hova - Bator and it has two reservoirs for water in it, one for moisture throughout the incubation period and one that you fill the last 3 days until the hatch. Will filling the second reservoir hurt the turkey eggs as they hatch later? Should I build another, temporary incubator for them to stay in?

Thanks for all your help!
Biting off more than she can chew

Quote:
X2 that is what I am doing. I set turkey last weekend and will be setting chicken this weekend so they will all hatch at the same time.

We got them at the same time, the chicken eggs were unexpected (the guy we got the turkey eggs from just handed them to us), so they're all in already and have been 4 days now
sad.png
I wish I had thought of starting the chickens later.

Quote:
just treat the chickens normally at hatch time and don't worry about the turkey eggs and humidity etc.. they will be fine.. Next time set the turkeys a week ahead of the chickens and they will hatch at the same time.. You already know that.. no need to build a separate hatcher,, unless you want to.. I have a separate hatcher and it does make things nicer..

Thanks for the help! Didn't really wanna have to get another one and I don't think me building one is smart what with the electric work and all.

Does this mean the humidity and temp is the same for turkey eggs as chicken eggs??? The incubation period is just a week longer?

Back
Top Bottom