Turkey feed

They ideally need a higher protein level than chickens. If you are supplementing with high protein treats, then that could work. I believe that most turkeys will thrive on chicken feed but if you are wanting to raise table birds, they will no grow optimally if not on the correct diet.

What do you mean by chicken feed? Some people call hen scratch chicken feed. That's 8% protien and it's not OK for anything as a feed alone. Please be a bit more specific. I feed my chickens a 17% layer feed and a grown turkey would do OK on that but all my turkeys over 3 months are on a 20% layer. My poults get 28-30% feed.

I wasn't planning on table bird thier more pets as this is my first attemp to raise chickens and turkeys. I have 9 chickens of all diferent breeds and ages and 2 young turkeys at 4 weeks old. I am a new egg as BYC calls me. I'm bringing them up in the same coop although the turkeys are still in thier brood seperated fron the chick till they get bigger. They are growing fast. Thanks for the info you have gave me

Well I'm just learning about all this. To answer some questions I have been feeding my chickens Purina sun recipe My young chicks get Purina start & grow. I also give them chicken scratch. The 2 turkeys I have are 4 weeks old and I only have been feeding them start & grow, they are still in the brood. I believe the trukeys need something else. the chickens are of various breeds Opington, RIR, Barred, Wayandotte, Bantum, Ameraucana, the turkeys are Bronze, and White. 3 chickens are older and are laying. 6 chicks are 10 weeks old. I hope I'm not messing up on their diet?

Back
Top Bottom