Turkey Gasping For Air?

A NAatural dewormer is Apple Cider Vinegar. 1 Tablespoon per gallon . Give as only source of water for 7 days then back to water/vitamin water. Pumpkin is also a natural de-wormer, so when squash goes on sale, stock up! After Hallowheen too! cut in half and let th ebirds pick at it as a treat. can use year round with no ill effects. Pumpkin acts as a lubricant in the intestines so it will expell all worms/.eggs in the intestines. not sure about the gapeworm but I know the apple cider vinegar helps. Good luck!

A NAatural dewormer is Apple Cider Vinegar. 1 Tablespoon per gallon . Give as only source of water for 7 days then back to water/vitamin water. Pumpkin is also a natural de-wormer, so when squash goes on sale, stock up! After Hallowheen too! cut in half and let th ebirds pick at it as a treat. can use year round with no ill effects. Pumpkin acts as a lubricant in the intestines so it will expell all worms/.eggs in the intestines. not sure about the gapeworm but I know the apple cider vinegar helps. Good luck!
This link has info on treating gapeworms. Thanks to Ivan3 for posting it in another thread!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6750887
Efficacy of fenbendazole against helminth parasites of poultry in Uganda.

Ssenyonga GS.
Abstract

Fenbendazole 4% (Panacur, Hoechst) administered in feed was used to treat chickens infected with Ascaridia galli, Heterakis gallinarum and Railletina spp. It was also used to treat Syngamus trachea in broiler birds. There was a marked drop in helminth egg counts in the faeces on the second day of treatment and the faeces became negative by the seventh day after the last treatment. Post-mortem examination 15 to 21 days later showed that the drug was 100% effective against Ascaridia galli and Heterakis gallinarum at 10 mg/kg. However, for complete removal of Railletina spp. 15 mg/kg was required. Similarly 20 mg/kg fenbendazole was effective against Syngamus trachea. It was concluded that fenbendazole is suitable for the treatment of the important intestinal and tracheal worms of poultry, a dose of 15 to 20 mg/kg for 3 consecutive days being recommended for use under field conditions.

Last edited:
Can you check dwon his throat for....ohhh, dang, I cant remember the name of it, but its a worm. Attaches to the inside of the throat...and will cause suffocation eventually if not taken care of. Its red. Dang it, I cant remember the name. Also, just look in there for anything that might be stuck. Maybe someone will chime in and tell ya the name of that blasted worm.
Gape worm

Back
Top Bottom