Turkey gender!!

Broad breasted get too heavy too fast, they can't fly much , they don't live very long either, hens make a loud meep meep noise, my hens will mock display like a Tom sometimes, are there a small line of feathers up the back of the neck or head, or it it totally bald, you do have an odd one, it looks like both sexes. Most turkeys will fence walk when they want on the other side, sometimes for hours,and most will talk back, but toms do it more, strange, let me know about feathers on the back of the neck, females keep a small line of them .

Last edited:
Broad breasted get too heavy too fast, they can't fly much , they don't live very long either, hens make a loud meep meep noise, my hens will mock display like a Tom sometimes, are there a small line of feathers up the back of the neck or head, or it it totally bald, you do have an odd one, it looks like both sexes. Most turkeys will fence walk when they want on the other side, sometimes for hours,and most will talk back, but toms do it more, strange, let me know about feathers on the back of the neck, females keep a small line of them .

To me it doesn't have as much of a "Mohawk" as I would expect.. BUT I'll go take a picture in a couple of minutes and show you.. He/she calls to me when it's in its coop and sees me, we have a love hate relationship, it follows me everywhere and will lay next to me if I'm sitting, but it also attacks me like a broody hen... It REALLY does look like both genders... Now a days that wouldn't surprise me! LOL

yours shows characteristics of either a big hen, or a Tom who lost his snood and hasn't developed yet.

This is "it" puffed up at me doing its "pew pew" noise and then a "weerp" noise and then it pecks me.. Here's another question, WHY does it only attack me?!

Maybe post this in the turkey forum, there are a few that are more savvy than me, I want to say male, but???? Feather line, lack of full display.

That's a good idea.. I really appreciate your input though :) glad to see im not crazy, this one may just be confusing!

This is Toby, we all thought he was a she for a while but now I'm beginning to think he's a he... Any thoughts?? How can we tell??
this is my Caleb...he is a hermaphrodite...so sweet yet simple...half the time he acts like a dog ha ha!.. I believe yours is one to by looks

Attachments

• 20180810_073328.jpg
    20180810_073328.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom