Frank1983

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2018
Anyone have a idea what this turkeys are
20180314_080810.jpg
20180314_080812.jpg
20180314_080852.jpg
20180314_080757.jpg

The hens appear to be some type of mixed variety, probably Narragansett based with something else mixed in.

Unfortunately many of these mixed varieties do not have any reference photos posted to check them against.

The tom looks to be a Royal Palm and is such if he only has black & white but if he has any brown on him, he is a tri-color. The Royal Palm is most likely where those hens got their Narragansett gene from. If the mother was known it would be possible to ID them from the Turkey Color Calculator.

You can try asking on the Turkey Color Genetics group on Facebook.

Thanks the male is a royal palm I had him for awhile I just picked the 2 hens up
If you breed them to your Royal Palm tom, you are likely to get some Royal Palms, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Dark Gray and Black Winged Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray offspring if the color genetics are what I suspect they are.

If you breed them to your Royal Palm tom, you are likely to get some Royal Palms, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Dark Gray and Black Winged Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray offspring if the color genetics are what I suspect they are.

One last question any idea what this one is guy said eastern wild royal palm mixView attachment 1295824
Crossing a Royal Palm tom with an Eastern Wild (bronze) hen would produce Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray hens and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray toms. Crossing an Eastern Wild (bronze) tom with a Royal Palm hen would create all Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray offspring.

In this photo she does look like a Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray.

Back
Top Bottom