turkey not standing?

cgjsmith

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
tennessee
the kids brought up one of the bronze turkeys that won't stand up. he kinda flops over to one side. i looked at both legs and feet and everything looks normal. any ideas? C

How old is the turkey? Or an estimate of what it weighs?
The Broad breasted whites and bronzes grow fast and get heavy. It makes it hard for them to get around. My last group liked to just sit around, kinda like Jabba the Hut, slug-like.
Sorry, if it's a young bird, I don't know what might be wrong.

still young about 3 months. I isolated it and put some sobal (or whatever its called) in the waters of both areas because I'm afraid it might be coccidioses(or however its spelled ha ha) With my chickens it showes up right at a month. Maybe because the turkeys are bigger it takes longer. I don't know. C

Hi, New to this group and I have a question about turkeys. I have been raising turkeys for a couple of years but I have run into a problem and need some input. I hatched out 20 poults about 2 weeks ago and everthing went normal. This week I have a group of eight and have lost 3 and will probableylose another 3. THey just don't thrive. THey get wobbly and lose their balance and start to thrash and eventually die. Any comments? Am I doing something wrong? Nothing is different from the last batch. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Susan

Back
Top Bottom