Turkey Pen Ventilation

Welllaidacres

Songster
Jan 2, 2020
Eastern Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
I posted this on the turkey forum and didnt get much of a response. Going to try here too and see if I can get more info. Thanks! I am going to be installing a 12” exhaust fan into my turkey pen. The north wall of the pen is solid all the way up. The other 3 walls of the pen are solid wood up to 30” with chicken wire from there to the 7’ ceiling in my pen. I can tell my turkeys have been heat stressed lately based off of their panting and general look. I have put a pedestal fan up temporarily to give them relief. I am going to install a wall mounted exhaust fan controlled by a thermostat. My question is, am I better off installing the fan just below the ceiling to suck out the hot air on top or would I be better served installing it mid height and creating a breeze across the pen?

Can you post pictures. I give my turkeys water to stand in to cool off. How hot do you get?

Here’s a picture of their pen

Attachments

• 813135C0-147C-4D0F-A54E-AF2CDA735DF7.jpeg
    813135C0-147C-4D0F-A54E-AF2CDA735DF7.jpeg
    880.7 KB · Views: 11
Will they have access to outside eventually? I think I would continue with the pedestal fan as needed. That way they can move away from the moving air if they choose.

Back
Top Bottom