Turkey poult pecked!!!??

Hi R2elk...I wanted to ask to a question about turkeys. We sold our 9 4 month old turkeys and two toms yesterday. The females are walking around the property annoyingly making that screetch noise they make clearly looking for the babies and maybe the toms. Are they really that "family oriented"? How long will we have to deal with this obnoxious chaos?
At this time of year, they are more likely making their announcements that they need to find a place to lay an egg. Mine are quite vocal in the morning until after they have laid their egg for the day.

Yes they are very social birds and do miss fellow flock members. At four months old, the hens were likely ready to be done with the poults. They may well be calling for a tom also because breeding season does go hand in hand with laying season.

R2elk...I messaged you below....
FYI if you want to "tag" someone, you must put the @ sign in front of their user name such as @Fluffbutts84

It does not work for me because I have turned off their ability to send me an alert whenever I am tagged. I do check on the Turkeys forum and Guinea Fowl forum and threads I am following and do often find out that someone tagged me even though I don't receive an alert about it.

Previously people referred to messaging someone as sending them a PM. Now it is referred to as starting a conversation. You can start a conversation with someone by clicking on their user name and then clicking on Start a Conversation in the pop up.

At this time of year, they are more likely making their announcements that they need to find a place to lay an egg. Mine are quite vocal in the morning until after they have laid their egg for the day.

Yes they are very social birds and do miss fellow flock members. At four months old, the hens were likely ready to be done with the poults. They may well be calling for a tom also because breeding season does go hand in hand with laying season.
Yes, I could tell the poults were going off on their own. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom