Turkey poult pecked!!!??

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Fluffbutts84, Apr 18, 2019.

1. R2elk

R2elk Free Ranger

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    At this time of year, they are more likely making their announcements that they need to find a place to lay an egg. Mine are quite vocal in the morning until after they have laid their egg for the day.

Yes they are very social birds and do miss fellow flock members. At four months old, the hens were likely ready to be done with the poults. They may well be calling for a tom also because breeding season does go hand in hand with laying season.

2. R2elk

R2elk Free Ranger

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    FYI if you want to "tag" someone, you must put the @ sign in front of their user name such as @Fluffbutts84

It does not work for me because I have turned off their ability to send me an alert whenever I am tagged. I do check on the Turkeys forum and Guinea Fowl forum and threads I am following and do often find out that someone tagged me even though I don't receive an alert about it.

Previously people referred to messaging someone as sending them a PM. Now it is referred to as starting a conversation. You can start a conversation with someone by clicking on their user name and then clicking on Start a Conversation in the pop up.

3. Fluffbutts84

Fluffbutts84 Chirping

Aug 26, 2018
    Florida
    Yes, I could tell the poults were going off on their own. Thanks for the info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: