Turkey poult pooping blood (Please help)

shailey

Songster
5 Years
Sep 11, 2017
I have a 4-week-old standard bronze turkey poult who I've noticed has blood in his stool consistently. Not every poo, but I've noticed blood in his poo in at least 1-2 droppings each day. He's a bit lathargic, and by a bit I mean barely noticeable, but other then that he seems fine. I've given him corid for a total of 5 days now, and in between Gave him probiotics. When he was on the corid he seemed more sluggish, and when on probiotics he thrived. His poops seem to range from normal, to super watery, to almost foamy looking, to a weird paleish color. (Like the exact color of feed.) I genuinely have no idea what's going on, does anyone have any advice? I spend literally everyday with this bird, all day. He also does this weird thing where he flaps around and this sits down. Is that normal? He also seems pretty tired. I know birds shed their intestinal lining but surely not this much for this long?
20220526_064357.jpg
20220524_073106.jpg
20220521_075120_HDR.jpg

(I know I've already posted this but no one responded for days so I'm trying again.)

Do you have any Corid, antibiotics, or dewormer?
I have corid and have given him corid, I have Valbazen on hand(but I'm not sure if I should give him Valbazen) but no antibiotics. I'm sure I could find some if necessary. Also, he hasn't been outside or exposed to any other birds.

If he's never been outside it's probably coccidiosis. Do you have a food scale that you can weigh him on ?
Unfortunately not 😓 he's eating well and not skinny in the slightest, though. I may be able to run and get one

Poults should make daily weight gains, so having a food scale will help you know if he's eating enough. So if possible, go get one, weigh him, and post his weight here.

Poults should make daily weight gains, so having a food scale will help you know if he's eating enough. So if possible, go get one, weigh him, and post his weight here.
Alright, I'll go and see if I can find one.

Okay, thankfully I actually HAD one I just had to tear my kitchen apart haha. He's 253 grams

Back
Top Bottom