Turkey Poults Suddenly Dying

I came to search for advice regarding one of my poults. About 4 months old now at least, maybe a bit older. But I found him laying down under one of my enclosures outside. He’s been outdoors for awhile. It’s not extremely hot out today. Brought him in and he’s very tired. Droopy wings, no interest in eating/drinking independently and has the same yellow poo you said yours did. Nothing within their diet has changed. MFA protein feed, sunflower seeds.. My hens and tom(adults) and two other young turkeys I have all appear okay but now I’m afraid they may not be for long. I read about the “blackhead disease” and milkweed being poisonous (they free range) now I’m worried😞 trying to get the poult that’s inside to perk up and it’s looking grim
You need to locate some metronidazole quickly. Some fish or pet stores carry the API with metronidazole in it. From my experience, once they get to the yellow droppings stage they don't last very long without treatment. The dosage is 50 to 60 mg per kg of body weight daily for 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom