turkey trouble

I don’t know if I saw the total time I should be giving the tylan. I have still been giving it 2-3 times a day (work depending). We have chickens, Guineas, horses, dogs and cats.
It feels totally full of air. This is the first day in a week he’s had both eyes open.

I would get to a vet ASAP. If the antibiotics aren't touching this and it's getting this bad I don't think you can treat this at home.

Google and see if you have any farm or avian vets available in your area. I hope he gets better soon!

Tylan 200 is given 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight 3 times a day for 5 days. I would give it orally. If the swelling is from a ruptured air sac, the air sometimes can be withdrawn with a needle and syringe. A vet would be best. Here is a video removing air from a ruptured air sac with a needle:

well vet will be a few days… so looked around at what we had an the farm. Out of needles😬 found a fresh pack of razor blades. Cleaned one up with iodine and found a vain free area in his waddle(is that right?, the part under his neck?) and made a tiny nick, like mostly a small hole. And air started to rush out! With a little pressure around his head he was mostly “deflated, for lack of a better word”. It’s not all out but we’ll se how he’s doing in the morning.

558C0D9F-EFEB-4A88-BC02-09926BB83392.jpeg

Thank you for all the help! Between him, a horse that coliced and another horse that got his nostril ripped in a bucket it’s been a busy 3 weeks 😵‍💫

Back
Top Bottom