Turkey with foam or bubbles around her eyes, and heavy breathing.

Je9Jeanine

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
My Turkey hen has foam around her eyes and heavy breathing. She is sitting on a nest of eggs, has been sitting for the full month. But her first batch of eggs got windblown when her house was blown over, so about two weeks in we stuck other fertile eggs under her. She has another two weeks until her brood hatches. We have a bowl of medicated water sitting right next to her, in hopes that will help. Just wondering if anyone else has had a turkey with similar symptoms. She has had the habit of getting up at least once a day and eating and drinking. Not sure if she is eating now though. Thanks

Jeanine

Sorry I did not say. We started giving her Terramycin yesterday. I have not checked on her yet. Here in Utah it is snowing today, I am sure she is not happy with that, but she is in an insulated hoop coop.

Jeanine

Thank you for the suggestion! I am glad you took the time to reply. I called around until I found a place here local that sells it, I will run out today and get some tylan powder. Thanks again for your help.
Jeanine

Back
Top Bottom