Turkeys and guineas, Suggestions and comments

jjdward

How bout them DAWGS!
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Buchanan, Georgia
***I can't spell and I'm in a 12 step program to get help***
barnie.gif

Like I have posted before, I have the fever, poultry fever. I have chickens and ducks and I'm trying to get some geese. I was wondering about getting a trukey or two and some guineas. I have a few questions.
1. If I get guineas, do they roost? if so do they come back to the same spot?
2. What breed of turkey is easy to raise or is there a difference? i would like to get a rare breed, but don' t want to spend a very high price.
3. I have read that some breeds of turkey can't breed naturally so which do?
4. I don't know a thing about guineas But I would like to get a breed that is not just a run of the mill guinea. Any breeds come to mind?

I hope all these questions aren't stupid and if anybody needs more info let me know. Thanks!!!!
frow.gif

I have raised both. guineas are nice..I enjoyed raising them...try not to go over board with them like I did. When they grow up they tend to get aggressive with the chickens..the do roost in the same spot every night. Two is plenty. It is true what you read about turkeys. The double breasted turkeys have to be artificially inseminated. I had red bourbon turkeys that could breed. Just do a lot of research and reading. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom