turkeys ducks and guineas

grandpadabo

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
i have 3 week old turkeys guineas and ducks they are in the house now if it gets in the 40's at night and 60's daytime i built a pen for them on our deck can they be out there yet or are they to young

i have 3 week old turkeys guineas and ducks they are in the house now if it gets in the 40's at night and 60's daytime i built a pen for them on our deck can they be out there yet or are they to young
:welcome
I start guineas at 90°F to 95°F and turkeys at 90°F. I reduce that temperature by 5°F once a week until I get the temperature down to the ambient temperature. At 3 weeks they should be down to 75°F. You can put them out there but you will still have to provide heat for them until they can handle the ambient temperature. Even when they get to the point that they can handle the daytime temperatures they will still need heat at night for an even longer period of time.

:welcome
I start guineas at 90°F to 95°F and turkeys at 90°F. I reduce that temperature by 5°F once a week until I get the temperature down to the ambient temperature. At 3 weeks they should be down to 75°F. You can put them out there but you will still have to provide heat for them until they can handle the ambient temperature. Even when they get to the point that they can handle the daytime temperatures they will still need heat at night for an even longer period of time.
thank you very much that helped me had a brain tumor reason i can not remember things sometimes thank you

Back
Top Bottom