Turning eggs and Mareks' Vaccine

wrestling_mom

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 3, 2011
Henderson County, NC
1. It seems like when I turn the eggs, the doggone things wanna roll. Is it a big issue as long as they are moved around three or so times a day?

2. I don't know that any of our chickens have ever had the Mareks vaccine. We are still new to this. We bought all of our chickens from Tractor Supply as a few day old babies, so I "assume" they were vaccinated, but what about our week and a half olds? Do we HAVE to vaccinate? Our chickens stay in a coop, and can't range because of wild animals. Is it too late to vaccinate the new ones? What do I do with the ones due to hatch next week?

Thanks again, ya'll are great!

Hi! Moving the eggs around a few times a day has always been sufficient (I don't do the X / 0 and turn).
I've been hatching chicks here since 2005 and have never vaccinated for Mareks (or anything) here, simply because it has never been an 'issue'.
What are you hatching?
Good luck!

You can just roll the eggs (that is how the chickens do it:)) I don't vaccinate my chicks. Your chicks from TSC probably aren't vaccinated either. That cost more money so I doubt they would do that.

Back
Top Bottom