Turning frequency, RH, and temp

Aleelupton

Songster
Jul 3, 2018
Warren, Ohio
Hi friends!

I'm incubating eggs for the first time. I have the Brinsea Ovation 28 EX. How frequently should the eggs be turned? The factory setting for this incubator is every 45 minutes. I feel like that's a lot. I changed it to ever 60 minutes, but still feel like that's a lot.

I have set the relative humidity at 40% and temperature at 99.5° F. I have seen many different options on humidity and I'm very confused.

I'm hatching standard breeds including Marans and also Seramas. I'm adding the Seramas eggs on day two as they only take 18-19 days to hatch under my hens.

Any suggestions and advice for a first time is much appreciated and specifically advice for my incubator if you use this model.

I have the same incubator, I leave it at 45 minutes, I have done 2 hatches so far, first was 100% and 2nd is currently 85% with 3 eggs still alive trying to hatch, so might also be 100%.

With regards to humidity that depends a lot on where you are, but I generally have mine between 40% and 45%, depending on how the progress of the weight loss is during incubation.

I have the same incubator, I leave it at 45 minutes, I have done 2 hatches so far, first was 100% and 2nd is currently 85% with 3 eggs still alive trying to hatch, so might also be 100%.

With regards to humidity that depends a lot on where you are, but I generally have mine between 40% and 45%, depending on how the progress of the weight loss is during incubation.
That's awesome to hear! I don't know why I am so nervous. I will change the turning frequency back to 45 minutes in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom