Turning my Guineas?

Country Chickens

Songster
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Orange County, NC
I've got 18 guinea eggs going in the bator today--this is my first time hatching guineas, and I'm using this bator for the first time. It's a Little Giant 9200 hand me down w/o turner or forced air. I'm setting them at about 101.5, 'cause it looks like it'll hold there. Humidity is about 55% in our basement, hope that's okay. So, the question is, can I use the egg carton, tilting method to turn the eggs? Does it matter that the eggs never actually get turned all the way over with this method? Or do I not understand how it works and they do get turned?

Sorry if this questions been answered elsewhere, I've looked around and can't find the answer...any other suggestions are welcome, too!!!

as long as they get tilted two or three times a day they should hatch fine. i would use a piece of two by four and swap ends three times aday

Uhm, can you be a little more explicit? I'm not sure what ends I'd be swapping, and I want to make sure I get this right! Sorry if I'm just having a brain cramp over here...
hmm.png

Put a block under one end of the egg carton - or the whole incubator and about three to five times a day you move it to raise the other end. The eggs never get completely turned but it works. They get tilted back and forth.

Got it--thanks so much! I was picturing myself reaching in and tilting the eggs to the side several times a day...and that didn't quite make sense because of course they'd still be resting in the same place once I set it down again. This makes much more sense!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom