Twin Chicks

Chicken Quest

On The Run 🐔 🚓
Jun 17, 2022
Far Away From You
Ok, hear me out. Recently I read about double yolked eggs. So I guess my question is, is it possible to have twin embryos? Has anyone hatched twin chicks? Do they look the same when they grow up? PICS PLEASE!

Im looking into this too. I had five fertile eggs and now I have six chicks! I am really impressed and I think I might have had twins.

Curious minds would like more details
My dad keeps chickens in west virgina. I keep chickens in Maryland. I can’t keep a rooster here and my dads girls never go broody. My warrior princess Emma who survived a severe raccoon attack was broody so we took five of my dads eggs marked them with an x on each end and gave them to Emma. Now I have 6 beautiful chicks and we triple counted.

Ok, hear me out. Recently I read about double yolked eggs. So I guess my question is, is it possible to have twin embryos? Has anyone hatched twin chicks? Do they look the same when they grow up? PICS PLEASE!
My friend hatched a double yolker. One chick lived. It was very weak after hatch. Its twin had died. Luckily it was a big egg otherwise both embryos would have died. Double yolker have a very low survival rate.

Back
Top Bottom