Twin hatching ducks

KellyHDucklings

Hatching
Dec 5, 2020
I’m new to hatching , so I’m hoping you guys will have much more experience than I. Now I know hatching twins is very rare, but I have a number of eggs incubating at the moment, we are at day 10 and Iv watched them develop so far , and it’s been great. But then I saw something that confused me, so I’ve googled and sent so many messages and have asked all over my Facebook groups, it looks like I have an egg with twins /two embryos, so I was checking the other eggs, and it’s the same in 4 of them ! I know it’s so rare, but these eggs have all came from the same duck, so maybe she is just laying double yolks ? So I’m posting some pics here , you can see the two sides and in each side has a darker area and the veins are visible. please let me know your thoughts ! Thankyou in advance !
F85C16C1-06D5-492D-9BDB-644D6D77980B.png
61FDA335-4805-439C-81EA-F7E592DB2C4A.png

Ha ha lol I always need to charge my phone, ok so .... it has now become clear that there is only one duckling in there, I don’t know what the weird shape was at first, but it is now clear there is only one. Of my first 15 laid eggs, 13 are all fertile and growing perfectly ! Thanks for the replies guys !!

Ha ha lol I always need to charge my phone, ok so .... it has now become clear that there is only one duckling in there, I don’t know what the weird shape was at first, but it is now clear there is only one. Of my first 15 laid eggs, 13 are all fertile and growing perfectly ! Thanks for the replies guys !!
What about new pictures? :bow

Your picture reminded me of one of the videos I made while candling my duck eggs :eek: they are due this week. ( The picture is from day 16)
Screenshot_20220424_105300.jpg
Could I have twins in this egg?

Back
Top Bottom