Twitching frizzle…..

Luvenmylife113

Chirping
Jun 18, 2021
My frizzle doesn’t have mites or lice I have checked her and she keeps twitching her head. She did have a respitory infection is on antibiotics and drops for her nostrils. She’s up beat still moving around clear eyes feathers are flaking I’m new so I’m not sure what that means she is 11 weeks old. Any ideas??
220EFCFB-1B44-4FA8-8B95-8F82E3028F54.jpeg

I see new feathers coming in on the crest. Those can be uncomfortable, and can cause twitching and head shaking. They can't preen them properly themselves. You may eventually need to help to remove the feather sheaths after they are grown in.

I see new feathers coming in on the crest. Those can be uncomfortable, and can cause twitching and head shaking. They can't preen them properly themselves. You may eventually need to help to remove the feather sheaths after they are grown in.
Awww I feel so bad I didn’t even know any of this. How can I help her if this is the case.

When I kept some polish I had to help them preening off the feather sheaths by gently rolling them between my fingers to break them up. You do need to wait until they are grown out. Even scratching them a bit on the head may help get the process going.

Back
Top Bottom