Mar 8, 2010
Princeton, IN
IMG_8239_1_1.jpg

IMG_8242_3_1.jpg

IMG_8248_5_1.jpg

IMG_8238_2_1.jpg

IMG_8249_9_1.jpg

IMG_8243_4_1.jpg

The black one's tail is slightly curled comb isn't very noticable I think it's a marans cross, feathery feet and blurry barring, slate feet, the orange one has a pointed tail it also developed a comb early and it's much more prominent.
I know it's hard to tell with EEs. I'm working on more pictures.

Last edited:
Both girls. My boy was obvious at around 4-5 weeks old
smile.png
he had a VERY red comb, and my pullet's comb just started turning pinkish around 9 weeks or so.

That's what I was hoping to read
thumbsup.gif
the black one didn't worry me so much it was just the orange one's huge comb, though it's not red.
I've never had an EE, I kept reading that many you can't sex until they've already layed an egg or crowed
idunno.gif

Sometimes it is very hard to tell until the crow or egg laying, but I think you are safe with two girls
smile.png
My cockerel was VERY obvious in everything. Tail posture, different feathering pattern, pink pink pink comb at a young age, and he was the only chick who would FREAK out if any of the others went missing. Sometimes you get lucky with such an obvious roo, but I am reading many posts about EE's where I have NO idea whether hen or roo. I will keep my fingers crossed for a blue or green egg as well!

Identifying my EE makes me want to pull out my hair sometimes
barnie.gif

I agree though that yours look very much more pullet than cockerel.
I think EE`s have such pretty faces

Back
Top Bottom