Two bantams broody in the same box

angelito

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 22, 2017
Good morning everyone,

I had chickens for a few year but this situation is new to me. I would like to hear some suggestions about how to solve this issue.
I have two bantams hens that went broody at the same time in the nest There’s are about seven eggs there. and when one hen is hungry she goes out and eat. The other does watch. Otherwise both are sitting on the eggs. What am I supposed to do when the chicks hatch??? Will they fight one another or will they both parent the chicks. I would like to know in case I have to separate them.
Any advice would be so appreciated.
Thank you!

Good morning everyone,

I had chickens for a few year but this situation is new to me. I would like to hear some suggestions about how to solve this issue.
I have two bantams hens that went broody at the same time in the nest There’s are about seven eggs there. and when one hen is hungry she goes out and eat. The other does watch. Otherwise both are sitting on the eggs. What am I supposed to do when the chicks hatch??? Will they fight one another or will they both parent the chicks. I would like to know in case I have to separate them.
Any advice would be so appreciated.
Thank you!
They could not they could not and best case scenario is they dont or if some hatch and one mom tend to those and the other kom tends to the delayed Hatcher's anything's possible

Everyone is getting alone fine. I guess it takes a village!

Attachments

• 7A4BB635-D12E-456B-A9B9-E5CF872D06D3.jpeg
    7A4BB635-D12E-456B-A9B9-E5CF872D06D3.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 2
  • EDABF1C0-9F42-4C00-A910-04DE13C0F191.jpeg
    EDABF1C0-9F42-4C00-A910-04DE13C0F191.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom