TWO BANTAMS GONE WITHOUT A TRACE: Suggestions as to Culprits?

I used to have a fox problem with my flock. The worst time was when a fox dug under my chicken wire and somehow got into my coop and killed my 17/21 chicks. I walked out in the morning and saw few feathers and 4 headless, dead chicks in the run. The rest were no where to be seen. I'm guessing it probably was a coyote because I've heard coyotes don't leave anything behind...

we live on a Virginia farm and the same thing has happened to us. Only we started loosing meat chickens. We found there bodies burried on our property and our neighbors. We had 50 chickens to begin with and we lost all of the meat chickens. We were very sure that the neighbors dog was resposible. We had 3 white legherns and we have also lost 2 ducks. Although the first chickens we found bodies the last bunch is a mystery. My neighbor said she would make things right and gave us 8 more and we bought an additional 8. All where half grown Cochens. These are the mystery, they were pinned up and have all dissapeared w/o a trace no feathers nothing. In addition we had a duck setting on on a nest of 8 eggs they are gone . No shells , no evidence. Although I have been told my neighbor has probably stolen them, trying to prove her dogs innocence is there a another solution. is there a chicken killer that can steal 16 chickens same color same breed . This is so unusual.

Kristi cole Cburg va

Back
Top Bottom