Two different temps. in incubator-which is right?

dixie lover

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Missouri
The small thermometer that came with the Brower shows 99.5 and the digital shows 92.5. I don't have a 3rd one so what do you suggest I do? Thank you.

Ok, the little bulb one is correct. So the cheapo Walmart is not plus I looked at directions and there seems there is not any way to correct it.

Can I trust the hygrometer reading for the humidity on that one since the temp. is not correct?

Last edited:
Is there a thread you could recommend that talks about calibrating thermometers and hygrometers?
A search turns up a lot of stuff.

OK I will answer this one knowing that someone will jump in and correct me..

put the thermometer in water that has lots and lots of ice.. it should read about 31F 32F or close..

the hygrometer can be tested:

get yourself a gallon sized sealable plastic bag. take a cup and fill it almost full of salt. add water to make a thick paste.put your hygrometer into the bag .

put the cup with the salt in it into the bag and seal it.. wait at least 8 hours and check the reading.. it should read 75%..

if for instance, it reads 80% .. then that actually is 75%.. there is a difference of 5%. so for every reading you would have to subtract 5% with that hygrometer.

and if the reading shows less than 75%.. then you would have to add the difference..

It's half a cup of salt to a 1/4 cup of water. Make sure your hygrometer does not touch the water. Do this by taping it to the side of the bag and tap the bag against something so to keep the hygrometer out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom