Two have pipped!

AKsmama

Songster
9 Years
Jun 20, 2010
South Carolina
Just got home from a zoo field trip with my kindergartener's class to find two of the blue/green eggs under my broody have pipped! I can hear them peeping!! *runs around frantically, waving arms and screaming* Now I am a nervous mama, especially with severe storms coming tonight! I just want to sit out there and watch them
lol.png
It's going to be a loooong night.

Congrats! Very exciting! I hope you don't get a bad storm......Here in OH, we've been having storms too. So far today, there's been very strong winds....The debris, dust and things in the air......

I know I've said it a lot lately. Get an inverter from Walmart. A 400W is $19, they plug into the cigarette lighter of your car and can run your incubator in case of power outage, as well as a light or two. Very easy to use.

Inverter Link

Congratulations on your pips!! I am expecting mine in about 5 days.

Four have pipped now, one enough that we can see its beak and little chipmunk stripes!
yippiechickie.gif

Yes, smokeykk, that's the one!
wee.gif

Shadowgrass, no inverter needed for this hatch- it's under a broody! But yes, we do have an inverter if we ever decide to incubate. Which I am sure will happen at some point, doesn't everyone?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I will share pics for sure! The two that have hatched are chipmunk-striped, and I have four very active EE roos (and one very much less active Lakenvelder roo), so more than likely they are EE mutts. The one is an EE for sure b/c s/he came out of a blue egg, the other came out of a brown, so it could be an EE/Black Star cross. Just barnyard mixes!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom